Part Time, 0.655 FTE, Term Time Only
Peninsula Grammar School (PGS) is a coeducational school of excellence, which fosters the full and balanced development of each child. In caring for students and their learning, we encourage them to take up life’s challenges both at the School and beyond. The School values the inherent uniqueness of every individual and fosters the pursuit of excellence in each child.
We invite applications from suitably qualified and experienced Counsellors to provide counselling for a range of mental health, emotional, social and behavioural issues at Peninsula Grammar.
This ongoing position commences Term 4, 2021.
The successful candidate will support the welfare, wellbeing and pastoral care needs of students across the School (Kindergarten to Year 12). This position also offers an exciting opportunity to play a significant role in the further development of pro-active programs and activities that assist to promote positive student wellbeing.
The successful applicant must be aligned with the School’s ethos, vision and values and supportive of the School’s approach to Positive Psychology, details of which can be found on our website.
The successful applicant will:
- Be registered under the professional body for psychologists, social workers or Family Therapists.
- Demonstrate highly developed counselling skills with capacity to interact with students, parents and staff.
- Ideally have experience in primary and/or secondary school settings.
- Have a strong focus on proactive programs.
Be able to create and present professional development to a range of audiences.
- Be able to develop and implement a range of preventative programs for students.
- Display empathy, commitment, resilience and be highly motivated to contribute.
- Have a strong moral and ethical compass and cultivate credibility and honesty.
- Possess a positive outlook, exceptional interpersonal skills and high emotional intelligence with demonstrated ability to build authentic, collaborative relationships.
A full position description can be found / here
Details relating to the terms and conditions of this appointment will be discussed at interview.
Applications should be addressed to The Principal and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Friday 17 September 2021.
Queries relating to this position should be directed to:
Anne Stringer | Head of Wellbeing
Tel: 9788 7777