Peninsula Grammar is currently seeking a Technical Director of Soccer. This role provides a unique opportunity to influence the future of the sport. The successful applicant should be a knowledgeable, enthusiastic, and organised leader with a passion for Soccer and a demonstrated capacity to lead both coaches and students across all levels.
Working closely with the Acting Director of Sport and in conjunction with Heads of Boys and Girls Sport, the successful applicant will develop a cohesive strategic plan to maximise student engagement through an enjoyable and developmental program. The program should aim to develop coaches and players while seeking to improve results for all teams. The Technical Director of Soccer will attend training sessions and games, providing leadership, support, and clear direction to coaches.
The successful applicant should have the relevant experience and coaching accreditation in the relevant sport (Level 3 Association Coaching level would be preferable) and a demonstrated ability to plan, implement and maintain high standards of consistent performance and student engagement.
Previous experience in school sport programs will be highly regarded but is not essential.
The role includes but is not limited to:
- The development of oversight of training plans for all teams
- Promotion of the highest level of student engagement
- Liaising with local clubs
- The advancement of coaching best practise including coaching feedback and training support
- Creation of a plan for developing the future of Soccer incorporating a “Peninsula style of play”
- Attendance at all training sessions (Tues, Wed and Thu 3.30pm – 5.00pm)
- Attendance at Saturday matches at the School to coordinate the home fixture
- Covering absentee coaches at training and Saturday if needed
Reporting to the Acting Director of Sport this is a challenging role in a busy area of the school.
The role has clearly defined working hours and weeks during the school terms commencing as soon as possible and concluding on 31 July, 2021.
A full position description can be found here.
Further details relating to the terms and conditions of this appointment will be discussed at interview.
Applications should be addressed to The Principal and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Wednesday 5 May 2021.
Queries relating to this position should be directed to:
Maesson Harbour | Acting Director of Sport
Tel: 9788 7612